Wednesday 12 September 2012

"Cause we are the last disease"

I was listening to The Black Parade whilst studying today. Seriously, I was. Humming the words to dead and tapping my feet to that driving rhythm in The sharpest lives all the while memorizing functional groups and teaching myself about galvanic cells. I was thinking that perhaps it is my favourite album of all time.

My Chemical romance is probably not my favourite band, even though a lot of my friends will claim otherwise. I don't think I can possibly have a favourite band, my music tastes are too widely spread for something like that.

But favourite album... Fast songs deep songs, slow songs, fun songs... Creepy songs, mama.  Gerard Way's voice, Frank Iero's guitar... The story, the tightness... It's an amazing album, it really is.

And so I decided to have a look at the band's web page and see if anything new was on its way, and it was. In a sense.

Frank had done a Disney theme tune and Mikey Way is promoting his signature Squier but it's Gerard I really want to talk about.

He has a new song out with Deadmau5 called professional Griefers and it is intense. It's classic dubstep with Gerard's voice belting over the top and dare I say that it is much much better than most of the stuff on Danger Days.

It's about lawlessness and social degration and all the horrible things that plague our modern pop culture. It's a dirty, sweaty, lapdance-joyride through hell and I love it. You have to watch the music video though. It's not the same without that. The video is based around a robotic fight between Gerard and Deadmau5 and all the chaos that ensues. It contains scenes of people watching the fight losing control and this cat that moves around like the plague. When I was watching it I wanted to go out and hit something. I think that says a lot. It's well put together, slick, professional, dirty. An MCR fan I was speaking to said she hated it but I know that's because she dislikes dubstep. Open your mind before you watch it, it's quite a ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment